Fundraising events are a fun way of supporting us and bringing people together.
No need to do bungee jumping to be a great fundraiser. All you have to do is host your own fundraising event, and soon people will be queuing up to support you.
So here a few ideas of fundraising activities you could organise:
- Game night with a cover charge: get out those board games and start playing! Break into teams and let the fun begin.
- Movie party at your house: stage a screening, borrow a projector, hang a sheet, choose your film. Make popcorn, pick up some soda and invite your friends and family over for movie night. Of course, don’t forget to ask them to pay a small amount to view a blockbuster.
- Morning coffee at your workplace: bake some cakes, bring out the coffee beans and your workmates will show up. Remember to charge them for the privilege of eating these delicious cakes of yours.
- Car boot sale: you know all that stuff that’s been hanging out in your garage…in your attic…in your basement? Gather it up and ask your friends to do the same. And during the next car boot sale near your place, sell, sell, sell!.
- Donation boxes: ask your favorite local store, such as cafes, restaurants or retail stores, to display a donation box on countertops to collect change or donation from their customers.
- Sponsorship of sporting challenges: for example, if you have signed-up for a 10K or half-marathon you can ask to be sponsored for each kilometres you will run.
- Birthday gift pledge: ask for donations for your for your birthday rather than gifts. This is a very simple way to raise money and also it will be a lot easier for your friends and family to write a check instead of spending hours trying to shop for you!
If you would like to discuss ways in which you can host a fundraising event for NDCCO, please contact us.